Microwave chicken. Again sharing a simple yet absolutely delicious chicken recipe in an easy peasy way. Just mix everything and microwave for 8 to 10 minutes and your chicken curry is ready with only 2 teaspoon oil. Easy isn’t it?
Earlier shared one more no oil microwave chicken or Hariyali chicken on this blog. In this recipe I used only 2 teaspoon oil. If you want more spicy add some more slit or chopped green chilli and red chilli powder. You can serve it with any bread or rice dishes. I served it with steamed rice and Beetroot green stir fry.
This Monday our 304 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Side Ka Kamaal suggested by Priya Vijaykrishnan who blog at Sweet Spicy Tasty. Priya suggested us to share any side dish. My contribution is this easy and healthy chicken curry for this theme. Priya has a wonderful collection of South Indian recipes on her blog. As the name of her blog you can get many other different types of sweet spicy and tasty recipes on her space. I recently bookmarked her Vegan kootu curry to try.
This is a microwave recipe. But you can also make it on stove top in the same way. Use a nonstick pan to fry the onions in less oil. Or you can use barista or fried onions too. Use green chilli according to your taste. To make more spicy add some more chopped or slit green chili and red chilli powder. Or if you are making for kids omit chilli. You don’t need to add water. Chicken will release enough water to cook. You can add a spoonful of ghee or clarified butter at the end if you want.
Chicken – 500 gram
Curd or yogurt – 5 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Onion – 2 large
Mustard oil – 1 teaspoon, optional
Slit green chilli – 3-4 or to taste
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, curd, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and mustard oil if using. Mix everything well. Cover and keep it in refrigerator for one hour.
2. Thinly slice the onions. In a microwavable glass bowl mix sliced onion and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Microwavable on high power for 2 minutes. Stir and microwavable again for 1-2 minutes or till onion slices becomes brown.
3. After 1 hour take out the marinated chicken from refrigerator. Mix brown onion slices into the chicken. Reserve 2 tablespoon for garnishing. You can grind the brown onion and add brown onion paste into the chicken if you like smooth gravy.
4. Add slit green chilli according to your taste.
5. Mix and microwave on high power for 8-10 minutes. Use a loosely covered microwavable glass bowl. Check after 8 minutes. Stir well and microwave again for 1-2 minutes if require.
6. Garnish with fried sliced onion and cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve with steamed rice, jeera rice, pulao or any bread.
1. Use chilli according to your taste.
2. Barista or fried onions or paste of fried onions can be used in the chicken.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Microwave Chicken looks so delicious! Loved your quick version with marinated chicken amd batista.
Priya Vj says
Microwave chicken is definitely an easy peasy recipe for all chicken lovers.this recipe will help the bachelors who are away from family to enjoy chicken without missing their family recipe
Microwave chicken sounds so quick and fuss free to make. Loved your easy recipes With all the spices used here it must be such a flavourful treat with steamed rice or hot ghee chapatis.
The Girl Next Door says
Love how this dish can be put together in the microwave in just a few minutes. With all those spices going in, I’m sure it must be absolutely flavourful. Beautifully presented dish!
Microwave chicken looks to good . Quick version is always welcome. Fabulous treat for all chicken lovers.
Microwave chicken sounds amazing Di, big treat for chicken lovers. All spices and mustard oil used surely added good aroma and taste.
Sasmita Sahoo says
Microwave Chicken !!! wah interesting di …
Definitely an easy peasy recipe for all chicken lovers like me.
Just perfect to make in few times