Easy to make spicy aromatic and delicious pulao. You need only onion, garlic, tomato and some spices to make this one pot meal.
You can use tomato ginger garlic paste if you want. Or use everything finely chopped, grated or minced. Do as per your convenience. This pulao is enough spicy and delicious but you can serve it with raita or any curry. You can also add green peas, sweet corn, cashews or raisins. I kept it simple to serve with mirchi ka salan. But you can add cashew nuts, raisins, green peas or sweet corn if you want. You can get some more rice recipes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
3. Carrot rice
4. Mexican rice
6. Mint rice
9. Korean rice
Sending this post to Facebook group Healthy Wealthy Cuisine.
This time theme is one pot meal suggested by Shalu Jain who blog at Sunny Family Kitchen. Do visit her blog for different types of mouthwatering recipes.
Check out what my fellow bloggers shared on this theme.
Matar paneer by Shalu
Vegetable masala khichdi by Preethi
Mint pulao by Jayashree
Mushroom tikka biryani by Narmadha
Creamy spinach pasta by Swaty
Baby potato pulao by Sasmita
To make this aromatic rice fry the onion, ginger, garlic, tomato and all the spices in a pressure cooker. Add rice gently mix and add water. Pressure cook for 1 whistle and let pressure settle down on it’s own. Your pulao is ready. Simple isn’t it? You can also add some cashew nuts and raisins if you like. I didn’t. I have served it with Mirchi ka salan .
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Onion – 1 large, finely chopped
Garlic – 5 – 6 cloves, minced
Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
Tomato – 2 large, chopped
Green chilli – 2-3 or to taste, chopped
Green cardamom – 3-4
Black cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 4
Mace or javitri – 2 strands
Star anise – 1, optional
Bay leaf – 2 medium
Cumin seeds or jeera – 1 teaspoon
Cumin or jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander or dhania powder – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cilantro or coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon, chopped
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee – 2 – 3 tablespoon
Water – 1&1/2 cup
1. Rinse and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. Take out the seeds of black cardamom. Discard the outer layer.
3. In a mortal pastel crush green cardamom, seeds of black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and mace or javitri.
4. Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker. You can use only ghee or oil. I have used half ghee and half oil.
5. Add cumin seeds, crushed cardamom, cloves, cinnamon mace, bay leaves and 1 star anise.
6. Now add onion, garlic and green chilli. Fry till onion becomes light brown.
7. Add grated ginger and tomatoes. Stir well. You can also use tomato ginger garlic paste. Add all the spices and salt. Saute till tomato becomes mushy.
8. Add rice and chopped cilantro or coriander leaves. You can also add few mint leaves if you want. Fluff the rice gently.
9. Add water and close the lid. Pressure cook for 1 whistle. After 1 whistle wait for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Remember to switch off the heat before second whistle.
10. Let the pressure settle down on it’s own. Remove the lid and fluff the rice gently. Serve hot with raita or any curry.
1. Green peas, sweet corn, cashew nuts or raisins can be added in the pulao.
2. You can add more green chilli, black paper or red chilli if you want your pulao more spicy.
3. If you want to cook in open pan add 2 cup of water.
4. You can also make this pulao in rice cooker, instant pot or microwave.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update