Thin crust wholewheat flour double burst pizza.
Whenever our children demand for pizza, we are used to order from pizza outlets.
And their pizza base is made of all purpose flour or maida.
Maida or all purpose flour is the refined wheat flour that doesn’t contain any nutrients normally present in wheat. It has 100% carbohydrates and no fiber, which makes it bad for consumption for a diabetic patient as it raises sugar levels in blood.
Refined carbohydrates are the cause of diseases like diabetes, blood pressure, obesity, coronary heart disease, colon cancer, ulcers etc.
So why not make the pizza at home, with wholewheat flour or atta. A healthy option to make our kids happy.
This week’s #Foodiemonday #bloghop theme is #Pizzamania.
Presenting thin crust, wholewheat-flour double burst pizza with a yummy topping.
I don’t like the bland taste of store bought pizza base. So I have added some flavour in the base too. You can make garlic bread sticks from the remaining dough.
I have used black pepper powder but you can use chilli flakes too. Add the black pepper or chilli flakes as per your spice tolerance.
I have added little Schezwan sauce because I like the taste. If you don’t have Schezwan sauce omit it.
For pizza dough
Atta or wholewheat flour – 3 cup
Yeast – 2 teaspoon
Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
Water – 1 and 1/4 cup or as require to make a soft dough
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Some flour for dusting.
For pizza sauce
Tomatoes – 4 medium
Garlic cloves – 5 finely chopped or crushed
Schezwan sauce – 1/4 teaspoon optional
Oregano – 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Tomato sauce – 2 -3 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Onion – 1 cubed
Capsicum – 1 small cubed
Tomato – 1 small cubed
Paneer/cottage cheese – 1/2 cup small cubed
Ginger paste – 1/2 teaspoon
Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Mozzarella cheese – as required
Salt to taste
Cheese cubes – 2 grated
Oil for brushing
Semolina/suji or cornmeal for dusting the pan
1. Take 1 cup lukewarm water in a large bowl. Water should be just warm not hot.
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon sugar and 2 teaspoon yeast. Stir well to dissolve both.
Now keep it covered for 15 minutes or until the mixture bubbled up.
3. Add salt, oil, Oregano, garlic paste, black pepper powder and half of the flour. Mix well with a spoon.
4. Now add remaining flour and knead with hand. Knead well and add more water if require. Knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Smear the dough with some oil and cover. Allow the dough to leaven for 2 hours. If the weather is cold increase the time.
6. Take lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt and back pepper powder. Mix well and add cubed onion, Capsicum and paneer cubes. Marinate and keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
You can add any topping of your choice.
7. To make sauce drop the tomatoes in boiling water and let it cool. Now peel, chop or crush the tomatoes. You can grind it too.
8. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Add chopped or crushed garlic. Saute till the raw smell goes out. Add tomatoes and salt.
9. When tomatoes are cooked well add tomato sauce, schezwan sauce, oregano and black pepper powder. If you don’t have Schezwan sauce skip it.
Mix everything well and let it cool.
10. Take out the dough. It will be doubled. Pinch the dough to remove the air.
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
11. Grease a baking pan and sprinkle little semolina/suji or cornmeal.
Now make small ball and roll out with a rolling pin. Make a thin disc with the help of flour. Place it on the greased and dusted baking pan. Prick evenly with a fork.
12. Spread grated cheese cubes leaving the sides. You can use cheese slice, cheese spread or any cheese.
13. Now roll out one smaller and thin disc. Roll the disc thin as much possible and place over it. Close the sides with your finger tips.
14. Spread pizza sauce all over it.
Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese over it. Now spread the marinated paneer/cottage cheese cubes, onion, capsicum and tomato. Spread generous amount of grated mozzarella again. Brush with oil all over it.
15. Sprinkle little oregano and black pepper powder or chilli flakes.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the base becomes crisp.
16. Make more pizza with the remaining dough or refrigerate for further use.
Slice and enjoy the home made thin crust wholewheat flour double burst pizza.
Be healthy be happy!!