Whole wheat flour jam filled eggless cookies.
Buttery and melt in mouth cookies made with whole wheat flour or atta.
Jam filled cookies are all time kids favourite cookies. I still love these buttery jam cookies. Next time I will try to make these jam cookies with gluten free flour. Till then enjoy these utterly butterly delicious jam filled cookies. You can use any jam or fruit preserve of your choice.
Sending this post to Facebook group Recipe swap challenge
initiated by Jolly and Vidya.
We have to recreate a recipe from a fellow blogger’s blog. This month my partner is Priya Satheesh who blog at
Priyas menu. Check out her space for delicious and authentic recipes. I have selected this recipe from her space.
I have made it with whole wheat flour or atta but if you want you can use refined flour or maida or half whole wheat flour and half refined flour. I have used mixed fruit jam here. You can use any jam of your choice or whatever you have.
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Jam – 3 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease or line a baking tray with parchment pepper.
3. In a bowl sieve whole wheat flour, baking powder and soda. You can use half cup Whole wheat flour or atta and 1/2 cup refined flour or maida.
4. In a large bowl cream butter and powdered sugar.
5. Add vanilla essence and dry ingredients.
6. Make a smooth dough. If the dough is too soft then keep it in refrigerator for 15 – 30 minutes.
7. Make small balls. I have made 12 balls.
8. Arrange the balls on greased or lined baking tray 1 inch apart.
9. Make holes in the middle of every cookies with your finger.
10. Fill 1/4 teaspoon jam in the holes.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 18 – 20 minutes or until the edges becomes golden brown.
12. Let the cookies cool down completely before serving.
1. Refined flour or maida can be used instead of whole wheat flour or atta. Or use half whole wheat flour and half refined flour.
2. Any flavoured jam can be used.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update