A lip-smacking Indo Chinese style paneer or cottage cheese dish to make quickly and easily. Its a most favourite paneer dish among my family and friends.
I have made it simple only with cottage cheese, onion, garlic, chilli, vinegar and some sauce. But you can use capsicum, red, yellow bell peppers, baby corn, sweet corn, beans, broccoli or any vegetables of your choice. I have used homemade paneer or cottage cheese. Get the recipe of cottage cheese here.
My paneer hater family members also love this dish 😀. Not only that its a quiet easy and quick to make. You can serve it as a teatime snack or side dish or as sandwich stuffing. Yes it will also great as sandwich stuffing. I am sure there will be no leftover but if you have some leftover Schezwan paneer make sandwiches with it and enjoy 😊
Paneer or cottage cheese – 3 cup, cubed
Onion – 2 large, sliced
Garlic – 3 – 4, minced or finely chopped
Green chilli – 1 – 2, chopped
Tomato – 1 large, sliced
Schezwan sauce or chutney – 2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
Tomato sauce – 1 – 2 tablespoon
Soya sauce – 2 teaspoon
Chilli sauce – 2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tablespoon
1. Mix vinegar, Schezwan sauce, tomato sauce, soya sauce and chilli sauce in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan or wok. Add garlic, onion and green chilli.
3. When onion becomes translucent add tomato. Saute till tomato becomes mushy.
4. Now add cubed paneer or cottage cheese and salt. Mix well. Add salt carefully because we have to add sauce and all the sauce has salt.
5. Add the mixture of soya, tomato, chilli sauce, schezwan sauce and vinegar. I like my dish with little sweetness so added 2 tablespoon tomato sauce. If you like less sweet first add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, taste when done and add 1 tablespoon more if require.
6. Mix and saute till paneer or cottage cheese coated well with sauce. Taste and adjust salt and tomato sauce if require.
7. Garnish with scallion or onion green and tomato slices. Serve hot.
1. You can use capsicum, red, yellow bell pepper, baby corn or any vegetables.
2. Add chilli or chilli sauce according to your taste.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update