Cottage cheese or paneer capsicum stir fry.
A delicious yet very easy to make side dish. Something like chilli paneer but you don’t have to fry the paneer or make a batter. Just fry the onions till translucent and all the ingredients.
And your lip smacking dish is ready.
You can get some more paneer or cottage cheese recipes here.
Recipe is very simple but superbly delicious. You can make it in a jiffy if your ingredients are ready. I didn’t use garlic but you can add minced garlic if you like. You can add one more capsicum if you like the taste.
Cottage cheese or paneer – 1 cup heaped, cubed
Onion – 4 – 5 medium, sliced
Green chilli – 2, chopped
Tomato – 2, chopped
Capsicum – 1, sliced
Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
Tomato sauce – 2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Chilli sauce – 1 teaspoon
Schezwan sauce – 2 teaspoon
Oil – 2 – 3 tablespoon
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and green chilli. You can add minced garlic if you want. I didn’t.
2. Fry till onions becomes translucent. Add tomatoes and capsicum.
3. Saute till tomatoes become mushy.
Now add cubed cottage cheese or paneer and salt. Saute for a minute.
4. Add soya sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, chilli sauce and Schezwan sauce. Mix well.
5. Saute till everything mixed well.
Garnish with slit green chilli or chopped scallion or spring onion. Serve hot.
1. You can add 3-4 minced garlic with onion if you like.
2. Adjust the chilli according to your taste.
3. You can add one more capsicum if you like the taste.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.