Everyone stay home stay safe. This time we have to make something delicious and nutritious with easily available ingredients. Sharing a delicious fruity lassi to satisfy your sudden hunger pangs or sweet cravings.
Mint orange lassi with honey. Different but a very delicious and filling drink with yogurt, orange juice, banana and mint leaves. You will also love the flavour. This lassi is also great for fasting days. Banana and yogurt made this lassi filling. Lassi is also very flavorful because of mint and orange.
You may like some more yogurt based drinks on this blog.
5. Cold soup
239 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Cool Lassi suggested by Mayuri Patel who blog at Mayuris Jikoni. Mayuri is a very talented blogger. I always love her baked recipes like Fig amaranth cookies, Carrot oatmeal cookies and Thandai muffins etc. And also visit her space for many authentic Gujarati recipes. I am sure you will love her wonderful recipes.
Mayuri wisely suggested lassi this week. From yesterday maximum state of our country under lockdown. Praying for everyone’s well being. Stay safe stay healthy. This lassi is very filling and delicious. And also easy to make. Just combine everything and blend. You can enjoy it room temperature or chilled. You can add some ice cubes in the glass or use everything chilled. I have used chilled yogurt so didn’t use ice cube. Or keep the lassi in refrigerator to be chilled. Always use thick yogurt. I have used homemade yogurt but you can also use store bought. Banana is optional, you can skip it. But I recommend to add banana. Banana will make your lassi filling and more delicious.
Yogurt – 1 cup
Orange juice – 1/2 cup
Orange zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Mint leaves – 2 tablespoon
Banana – 1
Honey – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon or to taste
1. Peel and chop the banana. Rinse the mint leaves well.
2. In a blender add yogurt, orange juice, orange zest, mint leaves, chopped banana and honey. Blend till smooth and frothy.
3. Taste and add more honey if require. Blend again. For more sweetener option see notes.
4. Pour the lassi in your favourite glass. You can add some ice cubes if you want. Garnish with mint leaves and pistachios. Serve chilled or room temperature.
1. You can use 1 tablespoon more mint leaves if you want.
2. You can use any sweetener like sugar, stevia etc.
3. Add honey according to your taste.
4. For chilled lassi add some ice cubes in the glass before pouring lassi. Or use chilled yogurt. Or keep the lassi in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes before serving.
Praying healthy and peaceful life for you and your family. Stay home stay safe. Please follow all the protective instructions adviced by WHO .
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update Facebook page