Mango cobbler cookies.
I have shared many mango recipes but no cookies.
So here is a delicious soft chewy mango flavoured cookie recipe for you.
You can get some more mango recipes here.
This week’s 147th #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #Mango. And my contribution is this healthy and delicious mango cobbler cookies.
Mangoes are well known as the king of all fruits. They fight cancer, alkalize the body, aid in weight loss, regulate diabetes, help digestion, clean your skin, and make the perfect snack.
Most of us love the flavour of this fruit.
A post from “Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen” attract me. Pictures of this post tempted me to try it. Cookies made of very little butter and looks awesome.
I have made some changes. Used whole wheat flour and oats instead of all purpose flour. Used homemade mango yogurt and made the quantity half. Taste is too good. Full of mango flavour and you will love the taste of small pieces of mango in it.
Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen
I liked its soft texture. But next time I will make crisp one too. So stay tuned for one more cobbler cookies recipe 😊
I have made large sized cookies because I loved the pictures of original recipe. But if you want to make it crispy make thin cookies. And make smaller size for quick baking.
Whole Wheat flour – 1 cup
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Mango – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Unsalted butter – 3 tablespoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
For mango yogurt
Curd – 1 cup
Mango puree – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
1. Pour the curd on a sieve or fine cloth and keep in refrigerator over a bowl for 3 – 4 hours or overnight to get hung curd or thick yogurt.
2. Now blend this hung curd, sugar and mango puree in a blender.
You will get delicious mango yoghurt.
3. Preheat the oven at 180° for 10 minutes.
4. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
5. Melt the butter and mix with mango yoghurt, soda, vanilla essence and powdered sugar. Whisk well until combined.
6. Add whole wheat flour, oats powder and chopped mango. Stir with a spatula. And mix to combine everything well.
7. Scoop out of the mixture and place on the greased or lined baking tray.
Place the cookies one inch apart.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 20 – 25 minutes or until the edges become brown.
9. Let it cool down completely before serving.
Enjoy the delicious mango flavoured, soft chewy cookies.
1. If you want crisp cookies then make the cookies thin and press lightly with a fork. And add mango yoghurt as much require to make a dough like consistency. By reducing moisture you will get crispy cookies.
2. If you want to make baking time short make small sized cookies.
3. You can make it with only all purpose flour if you want.
4. If you want to serve mango yoghurt as a dessert, after blending taste the sweetness. It depends on the sweetness of mango. Add more if require. You can add a pinch of saffron if you like. Blend again and keep in refrigerator to serve cool.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Follow me on