Pasta with rosemary, oregano, tomato and lemon.
Bored with white sauce pasta? Then try this lemony pasta this time.
Very delicious and aromatic pasta. Lemon and rosemary mixed flavour made it’s taste lip-smacking.
Lemony taste blend with rosemary, oregano and tomato makes the taste awesome.
I have used penne pasta but you can use elbow or any pasta. You can use Basil or any herb of your choice.
Penne pasta – 110 gram, boiled
Tomato – 2
Garlic – 4-5
Onion – 1, thinly sliced
Grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Dried rosemary – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Red chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Olive oil or butter – 3 – 4 tablespoon
Sliced almonds to garnish
1. Grind the tomatoes with garlic.
2. Dry roast sliced almonds and keep aside.
3. Heat oil or butter in a pan. Add sliced onion.
4. When the onion starts to change it’s colour into light brown add grated ginger. Fry for few seconds.
5. Add ground tomatoes and garlic. Saute till oil leaves the sides and raw smell of garlic goes away.
6. Add rosemary, oregano, salt black pepper powder and chilli flakes. Saute for few seconds. You can little water from boiled pasta if you feel it too dry.
7. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix well.
8. Add boiled pasta and toss till everything mixed and coated well. You can add little more water if require.
9. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Remove from heat.
10. Garnish with toasted sliced almonds. Serve hot.
1. You can use Basil or any herb of your choice.
2. Add black pepper and chilli flakes according to your taste.
3. You can use penne, elbow or any pasta.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.