Egg less vanilla Chocolate chips cookies.
Perfect for snacks or as dessert. Satisfy your sudden hunger pangs or sweet craving with these bite sized yummy cookies.
Cookies are classified by their ingredient. Such as vanilla cookies, chocolate cookies, nut cookies, fruit cookies etc or soft, crispy, bite size.
Mostly classified by method of preparation such as moulded, drop, pressed, rolled etc.
Our this week’s #Foodiemonday #bloghop theme is cookies. My contribution is this easy and delicious vanilla chocolate chips cookies.
Here is a history of this delicious cookies. It was created by accident. Cooks used a small amount of cake batter to test their oven temperature before baking a cake. These little cakes were called koekje meaning little cake in Dutch. So cookies are originally called little cakes are made of sweet and commonly flour based dough and baked in single sized servings.
Nowadays we love these as tea time snacks.
All purpose flour or maida – 2 and 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 3/4 cup
Powered sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 3 tablespoon
Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180°. Sieve flour and baking powder together.
2. Cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence, milk, chocolate chips and flour.
4. Mix and make a stiff dough. Knead gently.
5. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and cut with the help of a cookie cutter.
6. Place on a greased baking tray 1 inch apart.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 10 to 15 minutes.
Or until the edges becomes light brown.
Every oven take different time so check after 10 minutes.
Let the cookies cool down completely.
Serve with milk, tea or coffee. Or enjoy it as a snack or dessert.