Gluten free eggless oats cornmeal lemon crinkle cookies.
Delicious lemon flavoured crispy outside and fudgy inside cookies made with cornmeal or makke ka atta, oats and lemon.
I have made it with gluten free flour but you can use whole wheat flour or refined flour or any flour of your choice. I didn’t want to use colour so used cornmeal. Cornmeal will give a beautiful light yellow colour to your cookies. But if you are using whole wheat flour or refined flour then you have to use little yellow food colour or you can keep your cookies simply white. Taste will be equally delicious.
I always try to bake with gluten free flour because some of my readers are suffering with gluten intolerance. But everyone can enjoy it. These cookies are hot favourite among my family and friends.
You may like some more gluten free cookies on this blog.
And one more crinkle cookies.
Monday again and this week 208 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #Meethebandhan suggested by Archana Gunjikar Potdar who blog at The Mad Scientists Kitchen. Archana have a vast collection of healthy and delicious recipes. I have already bookmarked her honey cake. Do visit her space for amazing recipes from different cuisine. I am sure you will love her recipes.
You can use butter or ghee/clarified butter, whatever you want. I have tried both. If you like the flavour of ghee or clarified butter, then make it with ghee. I love the taste of ghee cookies. Cornmeal will give a beautiful light yellow colour to your cookies.
Oats powder – 1 cup
Cornmeal or makke ka atta – 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Butter or ghee/clarified butter – 1/4 cup
Curd – 3 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Lemon zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Powdered sugar for coating
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl sift oats powder, cornmeal or makke ka atta, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In a large bowl cream ghee or butter, and powdered sugar. Whisk well.
5. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and curd. Mix well.
6. Now add the dry ingredients. Mix and make a smooth dough. Dough will be sticky. Keep the dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Spread powdered sugar on a plate.
8. Take out the dough and make small balls.
9. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar. Press gently. Powdered sugar should be coated well all over the cookies.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 10 – 12 minutes. For fudgy inside cookies don’t over bake.
If you want crisp cookies bake for 1 – 2 minutes more.
11. Let the cookies cool down completely before serving.
Enjoy the divine taste. You can store the cookies in a airtight container.
1. Whole wheat or refined flour or any flour can be used instead of cornmeal and oats.
2. Don’t skip to refrigerat the dough.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.