Peanut egg curry. Spicy delicious egg curry in peanut gravy. Grated eggs and ground peanut made this curry rich creamy and mouthwatering. Perfect side dish to pair with any Indian flatbread, jeera rice, pulao or fried rice.
Taste is completely different from the egg curry we usually make. You can make this as a side dish for your lunch or dinner. This tasty and flavorful curry is also great as party side dish. You may like some more egg curries with different taste and flavour on this blog. Click on the name below to get the recipe.
2. Dim kosha
4. Dim posto
6. Egg korma
And you can also try delicious Potato stuffed egg enchilada
To make this curry you have to grate the hard boiled eggs. Grated eggs and ground peanut will give your curry a rich creamy texture. Peeling soaked peanut is very easy. Just rub the peanut lightly with your finger tips to peel the red skin. I have ground the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves with onion garlic to make a smooth gravy. You can use these whole spices for tempering or tadka before adding onion ginger garlic paste. But these will come in mouth while eating so better to grind into a smooth paste.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Egg – 3-4, hard boiled
Peanut – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 large, chopped
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Green chilli – 1-2
Green cardamom – 2
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – 1/2 Inch piece
Tomato – 2, medium
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon
Cilantro or coriander leaves – 1-2 tablespoon, chopped, optional
Kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Water – 1&1/4 cup
1. Wash and soak the peanut in sufficient water overnight. Next day drain the water and wash again. Peel the red skin of peanut. Rub the peanut gently with your fingers to remove the red skin.
2. Peel and grate the boiled eggs and keep aside.
3. Grind onion, garlic, ginger, green chilli, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon into a smooth paste.
4. Grind the soaked and peeled peanut. Add chopped tomato and grind again. Make a smooth paste of peanut and tomatoes.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion garlic, chilli, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon paste. Fry till oil leaves the sides.
6. Add tomato and peanut paste. Mix well. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder and mix. Saute till spices dried up completely and oil separated.
7. Now add the grated boiled eggs and salt. Also add chopped cilantro or coriander leaves if using. Mix well.
8. Add water and mix. When the curry starts to boil reduce the heat. Cook on simmer for 5-6 minutes.
9..Crush Kasuri methi with your palm and add in the curry. Remove from heat. Your peanut egg curry is ready.
10. Garnish with cilantro or coriander leaves. Serve hot with pulao, jeera rice, rumali roti, paratha, puri, roti, naan or any bread.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update