Egg corn cottage cheese baked or casserole. Easy to make and delicious dish for your dinner or breakfast. I love it in breakfast with crisp toast. I have used homemade soft paneer or cottage cheese but you can use store bought too. Just grate or crumble before using. You can add 1 – 2 more scallions or green onions if you like.
Sending this post to 174 #Foodiemonday bloghop #PotluckRecipes theme. This week Preethi Prasad suggested the theme. Preethi blog at Preethicuisine. Check out her blog for more delicious recipes.
You may like some more egg recipes here.
Recipe is very simple. You can use any vegetables of your choice like bell peppers etc. I have used Italian seasoning, you can use Indian spices, cilantro or chopped coriander leaves, cumin powder etc. If you have leftover, store in refrigerator and microwave before serving.
Egg – 3 – 4
Milk – 1/4 cup
Cottage cheese or paneer – 1 cup, crumbled
Sweet corn – 1 cup boiled
Scallion or onion green – 1, finely chopped
Flour – 1/2 cup
Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon or to taste
Chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven at 200° for 10 minutes.
2. Generously grease a baking pan with butter or oil.
3. Blend cottage cheese or paneer with 1/4 cup milk in a blender to make smooth.
4. Whisk the eggs well. Add oil and blended cottage cheese or paneer mixture. Mix well.
5.Add the flour, mix and make a lump free batter.
6. Add salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Mix well.
7. Add corn and chopped scallion or onion green. Make a smooth batter.
8. Add baking powder and mix well.
9. Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Tap the pan gently.
10. Sprinkle chopped scallion or onion green cilantro or coriander leaves and red chilli flakes. You can place tomato slices on the top.
11. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until eggs set well and top becomes golden brown.
12. Every oven takes different time. So check after 35 minutes.
13. Let it cool down slightly before slicing.
14. Sprinkle little black pepper powder and oregano if require. Serve warm.
1. You can add oregano Basil or any herb of your choice.
2. If you don’t like garlic then you can skip it. Or if you like garlicky taste then add more garlic powder.
3. Chopped Bell peppers, capsicum green chilli, cilantro or coriander leaves or parsley can be added in the batter.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.