Happy Diwali everyone . May happiness and prosperity fill your life. Have a joyous and bright Diwali.
I am back after a short break. Sharing a delicious and easy to make sweet to brighten your festival. Make it to serve your guests and enjoy the heavenly taste.
Barfi made with fresh coconut, thickened milk, milk powder, little sugar, milk and cardamom. You can also use rose essence or rose water if you like the flavour.
You can use khoya or mawa but this time I didn’t dried up the milk completely. Boiled the milk on simmer till milk becomes thickened but pouring consistency, just like rabdi.
Fresh coconut is best for this barfi. Grate the coconut or simply cut the peeled coconut in small pieces and grind.
You may like some more festive dessert recipes on this blog.
Coconut – 1
Thickened milk- 3/4 cup
Milk powder- 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3 tablespoon
Milk- 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
Pistachios to sprinkle
Ghee or clarified butter for greasing the plate.
1. Peel and grate the coconut or cut into small pieces.
2. Grind the coconut with thickened milk and sugar. Add 1/4 cup milk for easy grinding. Make a smooth paste.
3. Grease a plate with ghee or clarified butter and keep aside.
4. Heat a pan or wok. Add the ground mixture.
5. Cook on low heat. Stir constantly to avoid sticking to the bottom.
6. When the mixture about to dried up add milk powder and mix well.
7. When the mixture leaves the sides remove from heat.
8. Add cardamom powder and mix well. You can also add 1/4 teaspoon rose essence or rose water if you like the flavour .
9. Pour the mixture on greased plate. Press with a spatula and sprinkle chopped pistachios.
10. Cut with a knife into your desired shape when still warm.
11. Keep in cool place for an hour to set.
Your barfi is ready. Enjoy the divine taste.
Have a safe and prosperous Diwali.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.