Dairy free beetroot smoothie with apple, orange and carrot.
A perfect low calorie drink with breakfast. Delicious, healthy and filling. I have used carrot, apple and orange juice in it. You can use any fruit of your choice.
You don’t need to add any sweetener in this smoothie. But you can add black salt and black pepper powder if you want. I love this smoothie both ways.
Beetroots have numerous health benefits.
Beetroot is rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients and it without doubt is a ‘super-food’. It helps to treat anemia, indigestion, constipation, piles, kidney disorders, dandruff, gall bladder disorders, cancer and heart disease. It also helps to improve blood circulation, helps to deal with respiratory problems and even prevents cataracts.
You can get some more beetroot recipes in this blog.
Now coming to the recipe. Just blend everything and and your healthy and yummy smoothie is ready in a minute.
I have used orange juice but you can use grape or any other fruit juice. Add fruit juice according to your taste. Almond milk can be used instead of coconut milk.
Beetroot – 1 boiled
Carrot – 1
Apple – 1, peeled and cored
Orange juice – 1 cup
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
Cinnamon powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Finely chopped walnut to garnish
1. Peel and chop the boiled beetroot.
2. Grate or finely chop the apple for easy blending.
3. Mix all the ingredients and blend until smooth and frothy. See notes for more options.
4. Pour the mixture into your favourite glass and enjoy the delicious and healthy smoothie.
1. You don’t need to add any sweetener. Smoothie is enough sweet due to the sweetness of beetroot, apple, orange and coconut milk.
2. You can add black salt and black pepper powder if you like to enhance the taste.
3. You can also add ice cubes if require.
4. Almond milk can be used instead of coconut milk.
5. You can use grape juice or any fruit juice of your choice instead of orange juice.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.