Delicious refreshing filling and healthy salad. Perfect for this hot weather.
Just mix sweet corn, parsley, tomato, cucumber and onion with a tangy delicious dressing. Topped with roasted almond and sesame seeds. And your salad will be ready in a jiffy.
Roasted crunchy almond and sesame seeds will make this salad delish.
You can get some more salad recipe here.
Peas chickpea low calorie salad
Its my 300 post on the blog. Sharing this healthy salad and coming soon with one more interesting recipe for you.
Sending this post to the 151 #Foodiemonday bloghop #Corn theme.
I have mentioned above that recipe is very easy and simple. I have used 1 tablespoon almond in it but if you like more crunch then you can use 2 tablespoon sliced roasted almond. If you don’t like parsley then you can use cilantro or coriander leaves, mint, basil or any other herb of your choice.
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
Tomato – 2, chopped
Onion – 1, sliced
Parsley – 1/4 cup
Cucumber – 1
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
Mustard powder – 3/4 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
Almond – 1 tablespoon
Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
1. For dressing, in a bowl mix olive oil, salt, mustard powder, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and black pepper powder. Whisk well and keep aside.
2. Dry roast the almonds and sesame seeds.
Let the almonds cool down and slice them.
3. In a bowl mix sweet corn, cubed cucumber, chopped tomatoes, sliced onion and parsley leaves.
4. Mix the dressing in it. Combine everything well.
5. Taste and add more salt and lemon juice if require.
Sprinkle roasted sliced almonds and roasted sesame seeds over it.
6. Cover and keep in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
1. If you don’t have parsley then you can use cilantro, mint, basil or any herb of your choice.
2. You can add 1 tablespoon more roasted and sliced almond if you like the crunchiness in your salad.
3. You can use broccoli, capsicum, bell peppers, carrot, radish or whatever vegetable you like.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please hit the like button to get the latest update on
Stay connected at