Kesar pista rasgulla or saffron pistachio rasgulla. Saffron flavoured soft spungy rasgulla stuffed with pistachio taste scrumptious. Try and enjoy a different flavoured homemade rasgulla.
Rasgulla or rosogolla is chhena/chhana or Indian cottage cheese small ball shaped dumplings boiled in light sugar syrup. These rasgulla can be made with different flavour. You can also make these with any fruity flavour. Have a look on the kesar pista rasgulla while cooking. Looks beautiful isn’t it?
You may like some different flavoured rasgulla recipes on this blog. Please read all the tips and tricks to make perfect spungy rasgulla before starting to make rasgulla. Click on the name below to get all the tips and tricks and flavoured rasgulla.
And here are some sweet and savoury recipes with rasgulla.
Making rasgulla is little tricky. So please read all the tips and tricks first before you start to making it. Full cream cow milk is best for spungy rasgulla. You have to mash the paneer or cottage cheese well. Mash cottage cheese with your finger tips and heel of your palm till your palm becomes greasy. Make thin sugar syrup. Take 4 cup water and 1 cup sugar to make sugar syrup. And never use small pan. Always use broad and large size pan to make rasgulla. If you are using small sized pan your rasgulla may be flat or loss it’s shape. Try and enjoy homemade rasgulla and don’t forget to drop a comment if you like the taste.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Full cream cow milk – 1 liter
Lemon juice or vinegar -3 – 4 tablespoon or as require
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 4 cup
Saffron – 1/2 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Rose water or essence – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Shredded pistachios or pista as require
Read all the tips and tricks to make perfect spungy rasgulla here.
1. Place a cheesecloth on a strainer.
2. Heat full cream cow milk in a heavy bottom pan and stir well. When it starts to rolling boil add lemon juice or vinegar. Add 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir and add 1 tablespoon more or as require to curdle the milk completely.
3. You can make cottage cheese with curd in same method. First add 1/4 cup curd then add as require. It will depends on the milk. You need 1/4 to 1/2 cup curd to make cottage cheese.
4. When greenish whey and cottage cheese separates immediately remove from heat and pour into the strainer and wash the paneer. If you boil further after curdling your cottage cheese and rasgulla will be hard.
5. Wash the paneer under running water or dip the cheesecloth in a bowl filled with cold water. Wash the cottage cheese well to remove the smell of vinegar or lemon.
6. Squeeze the cloth well to drain all the water from cottage cheese. Remove the cottage cheese on a large dry cloth. Wrap well and put a heavy weight on it for 3-4 hours. There should be no moisture in cottage cheese. It will break in the sugar syrup if it not drained properly.
7. Take out the cottage cheese or paneer on a large plate.
8. Mash with your finger tips and heel of your palm. Mash till your palm becomes greasy and cottage cheese becomes smooth.
9. Make small balls. These will become double. I have made 6 rasgulla out of this cottage cheese. You can make 7 small size balls.
10. Flatten the balls with your palm. Place little chopped pistachio in the middle and close the edges. Make a ball again.
11. There shouldn’t be any crack on the balls. Press the balls between your fingers and palm tightly to make crack free balls.
12. In a large and broad pan heat 1 cup sugar and 4 cup water. Add saffron, cardamom powder and rose water or essence if using.
13. When sugar dissolved and it starts to rolling boil add the cottage cheese balls one by one. Let it boil on full flame from 2-3 minutes.
14. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 20 minutes.
15. After 20 minutes switch off the heat. Keep it covered for 3-4 hours or until completely cool down.
16. Serve chilled or at room temperature. You can store leftover rasgulla in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
1. Always use full cream cow milk to make rasgulla.
2. To make spungy rasgulla mash the cottage cheese well with your finger tips and heel of your palm for 4 – 5 minutes or until your palm becomes greasy.
3. Use a large and broad pan to make rasgulla. Because these will be double when cooked.
4. Cottage cheese should be drained well. If not drained properly and moisture remains in cottage cheese, rasgulla balls will break in the sugar syrup.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update