Peanut butter. Here is an easy and quick recipe to make peanut butter at home. Homemade peanut butter is much better than store bought. Its absolutely sugar free, preservative free and delicious. You can make creamy delectable peanut butter easily and you can also customize according to your taste. Add any flavour of your choice.
Recipe is completely vegan and gluten free. Store bought peanut butter contain unhealthy oils and additives. But this homemade peanut butter contains only peanut, salt and very little peanut oil. And peanut oil is completely optional, you can skip it if you want. Earlier shared this recipe with my Multigrain bread post. Now here is a separate post and YouTube video recipe for you. Hope you will like it. Please subscribe my YouTube channel for more video recipes. And don’t forget to click on the bell icon to get all the recipes immediately after uploading. Click on the link below to subscribe. https://youtube.com/c/SujataRoy
Benefits of peanut butter
Peanut butter doesn’t just contribute to weight loss. Consuming peanuts as a regular part of your diet has other benefits, too.
• Peanut butter helps you recover after a workout. It’s high in protein, which you need to boost recovery if you’re going hard at the gym.
• Peanut butter may reduce your risk of diabetes. Because of the low glycemic score of peanuts, consuming peanuts regularly can help keep blood sugar stable and lower your diabetes risk.
• Peanut butter is packed with vitamins and minerals. Copper, folate, B vitamins, and manganese are all right there.
• Peanut butter may reduce your risk of heart disease and other leading causes of death.
To read more health benefits of Peanut butter click here
How to customize according to your taste?
You can use 1 tablespoon honey to make your peanut butter sweet. And you can also make it without any oil or you can use any flavorless oil instead of peanut oil. Yes, you can make it without any oil or use only 1 spoon of oil instead of 2 tablespoon. Choice is your. You can also add chocolate or cocoa powder, mint or any herbs to give different flavour. I am sharing basic recipe. You can make it in different flavour every time.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Click on the link below and watch video recipe of this healthy and delicious peanut butter
Peanut – 1 cup
Sea salt or pink salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Peanut oil – 2 tablespoon, optional
1. Dry roast the peanut on low medium heat till peanut becomes crisp and slightly change it’s colour. Don’t make too brown. And peanut should be roasted well to preserve for a long time.
2. Or microwave on high power for 2 minutes. After one minute stir and press the start button.
3. Take out the peanut and stir well. Microwave again for 1-2 minutes. Every oven takes different time. I had to microwave for 4 minutes. Check and stir after every 1 minute. Don’t make too brown. Check out the video recipe above .After roasting well you can peel the peanut easily.
4. Let the peanut cool down. Take out all the peanut on a kitchen napkin or any cotton cloth. Wrap and rub with your palm to remove the skin of peanut. Separate the peanut and peel.
5. Grind the peanut. Scrap the sides with a spoon or knife and grind again.
6. Now peanut will release oil. You can use it as a spread if you don’t want to use oil.
7. Add 2 tablespoon peanut oil in the grinder jar. If you want your peanut butter slightly sweet add 1 tablespoon honey at this stage. I didn’t. If you are using honey add only 1 tablespoon oil instead of 2 tablespoon. You can also add cocoa powder or chocolate chips or any herbs of your choice. Grind again to make smooth creamy butter.
8. Store the peanut butter in covered container in refrigerator for later use.
1. Roast the peanut properly for longer shelf life. You can store your homemade peanut butter in refrigerator for a month.
2. Any herbs or chocolate can be added while grinding the peanut. You can try different flavour every time.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update