Eggless mango chia seed cake with whole wheat flour. You don’t need refined flour or maida, egg and butter to make this delicious cake. Yes a butter free cake with mango and chia seeds. Cake is super soft, moist and very easy to make.
We normally use chia seeds in our smoothie or overnight oats now try a cake with these nutritious chia seeds.
Chia seeds may be small, but they’re incredibly rich in nutrients. A staple in the ancient Aztec and Maya diets, these seeds have been touted for their health benefits for centuries. The antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids in chia seeds may promote heart health, support strong bones, and improve blood sugar management. Source
But chia seeds are completely optional. If you don’t like the taste, you can skip chia seeds. And if you are not using chia seeds then you need less milk for the batter. Because chia seeds soak lots of moisture.
You can always use refined flour/all purpose flour or maida instead of whole wheat flour if you want. And you can also make this cake with any fresh fruit of your choice. Already shared one more Fresh fruit cake with carrot here.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of this healthy and delicious cake
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1&1/2 cup
Mango puree – 1 cup
Chia seeds – 2 tablespoon
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Milk powder – 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Thick curd or yogurt – 1/4 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat the microwave convection or hot blast mode at 170°. For OTG preheat at 180°.
2. Grease a baking pan. I used loaf pan and some cupcake moulds. You can use any cake pan or make cupcakes in muffins or cupcake moulds.
3. In a bowl mix flour, baking powder and soda. Grind the mango pieces to make puree. Take out the mango puree in a bowl.
4. In the same mixer grinder jar blend half of the milk and chia seeds. Chia seeds are optional, you can skip if you don’t like the taste.
5. In a large bowl add blended chia seeds and milk with sugar. If you are not using chia seeds add only milk. And also reduce the milk. Use only half cup.
6. Now add oil and curd or yogurt. Whisk well. Add vanilla essence, remaining milk and milk powder. Whisk again.
7. Add mango puree and mix. Add half of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix to make a lump free smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter in baking pan or cupcake moulds. Fill upto 3/4 pan or moulds. Tap gently to remove air bubbles.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 170° for 28-30 minutes. For OTG bake for 35-40 minutes. Check with a toothpick after 28 minutes. Fresh fruit cake takes longer time to bake. My cupcakes are perfectly baked in 28 minutes. But I had to bake the cake in loaf pan for 4 minutes again. Every oven takes different time so check after 28-30 minutes.
10. Let the cake cool down. Run a knife at the edges. Demould on a plate. Slice and enjoy the healthy and delicious mango chia whole wheat cake. Happy baking. Stay safe healthy and blessed.
1. You can use refined flour or maida instead of whole wheat flour.
2. If you are not using chia seeds then use less milk for the batter.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations. I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update
Please subscribe my YouTube channel for more recipes