Restaurant style jeera rice in microwave. A very easy to make, flavorful and delicious rice cooked in microwave. Hassle free cooking in a few minutes. Perfect for this summer season. You can cook in microwave with your fan on.
Here are 20 more one pot rice dishes from this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
5. Easy pulao
10. Mint rice
11. Beetroot rice
12. Mexican rice
13. Carrot rice
14. Tricolour rice
19. Basanti pulao
20. Bhuni khichuri
You may also like to try Carrot onion rice from the blog of my friend Priya Iyer.
And some microwave recipes from this blog.
Microwave cooking is much convenient way to cook hassle free and in less time. Just check in-between as we check while cooking on stove top. Every oven has different temperature and take different time. If you start to use your microwave regularly, you will know it well. I will share some more oven recipes here. So friends stay tuned 😊
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Video recipe of microwave jeera rice 👇
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Ghee or clarified butter – 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Mint powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Mint leaves – 1 tablespoon, optional
Pulao masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Cilantro or coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon, chopped
Salt to taste
Water – 1&3/4 cup
1. Rinse the rice well. Rinse till water runs out clear. Soak the rice for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain the water and keep aside.
2. In a microwavable glass bowl add ghee and cumin seeds. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Check and microwave again for 30 seconds if required. Cumin should be fragrant.
3. Take out the bowl. Add cumin powder, pulao masala, chopped cilantro or coriander leaves and mint powder. You can also use 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves instead of mint powder. Or skip mint if you want. Mix well with a spoon. Get the Pulao Or biryani masala here.
4. Microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Stir once in between. After 2 minutes take out the bowl from microwave.
5. Add water and salt. Mix well. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir the rice. Now loosely cover the bowl with lid or microwavable plate.
6. Microwave on 600 for 8 minutes. Stir once in between. After 8 minutes take out the bowl. Fluff the rice gently with a fork. And give a standing time. Cover and keep the rice in switched off microwave for 8-10 minutes.
7. I am sharing as I like my jeera rice but if you want your rice softer then use 2 cup water instead of 1&3/4 cup and microwave for 10 minutes.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update