Oats whole wheat lemon cookies with olive oil. A delicious and vegan lemony cookies with all the goodness of oats whole wheat olive oil and lemon. Some of my readers asked on my Coffee cookies post if they can use oil instead of butter or ghee. So now a cookie without butter or ghee.
I have used olive oil but if you don’t have olive oil, use any flavorless vegetable oil or coconut oil. I have used little powdered sugar to sweetened the cookies. Next time I will try to share some cookies without sugar. Stay tuned. In these cookies 1/4 cup sugar and 1/8 cup desiccated coconut gave enough sweetness. You can also use powdered jaggery or stevia if you want. To make it gluten free use pearl millet flour/bajra atta, almond flour, coconut flour, cornmeal or any other gluten free flour of your choice. This recipe is completely dairy free. But if you want to make buttery cookies for kids then you can use butter instead of olive oil. You may like some more lemon flavored bakes on this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
6. Lemon cake
This week 248 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is Lemon Love suggested by Waagmi who blog at Cooking is fun. Waagmi is a very talented blogger. I always love her photography. Do visit her wonderful blog for many mouthwatering recipes. I have bookmarked her tongue tickling Katori chaat, Corn samosa and delicious Laddu kheer to try.
These soft cookies are absolutely easy to make yet superbly delicious. Bake for less time to get soft cookies or if you want crispy cookies bake for a few minutes more. You don’t need to grind the oats in this recipe. So here is an easy, delicious and healthy recipe to accompany your tea, coffee or milk. Or enjoy it in your munching time.
Oats – 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Desiccated coconut – 1/8 cup
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/4 cup
Lemon juice – 3 teaspoon
Lemon zest – 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla essence – 1/2 teaspoon
Curd – 2 & 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven at 180° for 10 minutes. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix whole wheat flour or atta, oats, baking powder and desiccated coconut.
3. In a large bowl whisk olive oil and powdered sugar till sugar dissolved.
4. Now add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla essence and curd. Whisk again.
5. Add all the dry ingredients, mix and make a soft dough. Don’t knead much. Take a tablespoon of dough and make round balls with your palm. Press the balls with your palm and arrange on lined or greased baking sheet 1 inch apart.
6. Press all the cookies with a fork. I have made 13 cookies.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 15 to 20 minutes or till edges becomes golden brown. For soft cookies don’t over bake. Every oven take different time. Check after 12 minutes. If you want your cookies crisp bake for 3 – 4 minutes more.
7. Let the cookies cool down completely. Serve with tea, coffee, milk or store in airtight container for later.
1. Coconut flour, almond flour, millet flour, cornmeal or any gluten free four can be used instead of whole wheat flour or atta.
2. Any flavorless vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil.
3. You can also use butter or ghee instead of oil.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update