Gluten free eggless cornmeal carrot cake.
A super soft, moist and delicious eggless cake with cornmeal, oats and Soyabean flour. You will love the taste and flavour of cinnamon and carrot.
I have already shared two more carrot cake on this blog.
You may also like some more carrot recipes here.
Sugar free carrot bottle gourd fudge or barfi
4th April is celebrated as World Carrot Day.
Ahhh the ubiquitous carrot, favorite food of rabbits, amazing for your eyesight, and the foundation of what is easily one of the greatest cakes ever conceived.
The history of Carrot Day is really the history of the carrot, and research of this incredibly popular root has revealed that it likely finds its origins in Central Asia. Through thousands of years of careful cultivation, we have ultimately arrived at the bright orange, slightly sweet, not at all bitter variety of carrot we have today! http://www.carrotday.com established Carrot Day in 2003, and it’s spread throughout the world to all the places the carrot is known.
Monday again and this week’s 189 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is gajar ka jalwa suggested by Poonam Bachhav who blog at Annapurna.
Do visit her space for some healthy and delicious recipes. So we bloghop members are celebrating Carrot day with different carrot recipes.
Earlier I have used Soyabean flour and oats in my cakes. But this time also used cornmeal. And very happy with the taste and texture. Coming soon with one more bake with cornmeal.
Till then enjoy this soft and moist carrot cake. I have made it simple. But you can add choco chips or any dry fruits like raisins, cashews, almond or walnut etc in the batter.
I have made it in bundt pan but you can use round, square or any baking pan or loaf pan. Or use muffins or cupcake moulds to make cupcake.
Grated carrot – 1 & 1/2 cup
Cornmeal – 1/2 cup
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Soyabean flour – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Nutmeg powder or grated nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk powder – 1/2 cup
Milk – 3/4 cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil or butter – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
2. Grease a baking pan and dust with cornmeal.
3. Grate the carrot with fine grater. You can use your food processor but use the attachment accordingly. I have used box grater.
4. Mix vinegar in room temperature milk and keep aside.
5. In a bowl sift cornmeal, oats powder, soya flour, baking powder, soda, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
6. In a large bowl whisk oil or butter and powdered sugar.
7. Add vinegar mixed milk and whisk again.
8. Add milk powder and whisk well.
9. Add all the dry ingredients gradually and mix. Make a smooth and lump free batter.
10. Fold in grated carrot.
11. Pour the batter into greased and flour dusted baking pan.
12. Tap the pan gently to remove air bubbles.
13. Bake in preheated oven at 180° for 30 – 40 minutes.
Every oven take different time so check after 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle, it should comes out clean.
14. Let the cake cool down completely before serving.
1. You can add any dry fruits or choco chips in the batter.
2. Refined flour, whole wheat flour or any mixed flour can be used instead of cornmeal oats and Soyabean flour.
3. Instead of bundt pan you can use any baking pan. Or muffins or cupcake moulds can be used to make cupcakes with this batter.
Check out some different carrot recipes shared by my fellow bloggers.
So join the fun and celebrate Carrot Day yourself !
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.