Green smoothie or detox drink.
Hope you enjoyed the festival of light. Enjoyed all the festive goodies, sweets and different kinds of delicacies. Right?
Now we have to detoxify our body and shed those unwanted weight.
Detox drink helps to flush out toxins and improve metabolism. Not only weight loss detox drink will make your skin glow.
This green smoothie has baby spinach, carrot, orange, apple, cucumber, ginger and lemon juice. Carrot orange and apple made the smoothie enough sweet so you don’t have to add any sweetener. But if you want your smoothie salty then you can add rock salt or black salt and black pepper powder.
You can get some more smoothie recipes with different taste and flavour here. Click on the name below to get recipe.
17. Papaya smoothie
Sending this post to 170 #Foodiemonday bloghop #detox recipe theme.
Spinach apple orange and cucumber will make your smoothie delicious and enough sweet. Just blend everything and enjoy. If you don’t like ginger skip it.
Popeye’s favorite, spinach, contains a whopping 166 milligrams of glutathione per serving when eaten raw. Cook it, and it all goes away. Spinach also contains twice as much energy-boosting iron as other leafy greens. Spinach has also gained a lot of attention as a cancer-fighter, too.
Carrots are another food rich in glutathione, a protein that helps detoxify the liver. In addition to the detox properties, carrots contain good amounts of vitamin C, B6 and potassium. They also loaded with vitamin A and K, too! It’s best to eat these raw.
You can use any fruit of your choice. Fruit gives sweetness and enhance the taste of your smoothie.
Tender baby spinach – 1 cup
Carrot – 1
Orange – 1
Apple – 1
Cucumber – 1
Grated ginger – 1/2 teaspoon, optional
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
1. Clean, wash and chop the baby spinach.
2. Peel and chop the carrot and cucumber. Taste the cucumber. It shouldn’t be bitter.
3. Peel the orange and discard the seeds.
4. Peel, core and chop the apple.
5. Now blend everything in a blender till smooth.
6. You can add honey if you want. Or add rock salt or black salt and black pepper powder. Add the seasoning according to your taste.
7. Pour the mixture into your favourite glass and enjoy.
If you want your drink chilled then you can add some ice cubes in it.
1. Ginger is optional, if you don’t like gingery taste then you can omit it.
2. If you want your drink chilled use frozen fruits or add some ice cubes.
3. You can add grape, kiwi or any fruit of your choice.
4. You can add 1 tablespoon flax seed powder in it.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.