An easy and delicious potato recipe. Simple way to cook potatoes. Sharing two different ways and flavours to grill the potatoes. One is on grill pan and for other I have used my halogen oven. If you don’t have halogen oven then you can make it in your microwave or OTG.
Potatoes are available in every season. You can get this vegetable round the year. And its known as a comfort food. Weather you make simple mashed potato or make spicy curry or mix it with any other vegetables it will make your dish delicious.
And potatoes are not bad for our health at all.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free and they’re packed with nutritional benefits needed for a healthy lifestyle. Potatoes are one of the world’s most versatile vegetables. Foundational in a wide range of international and all-American cuisine, potatoes are the perfect blank canvas for a variety of flavors. This is welcome news when your good health depends on eating a gluten-free diet.
An ideal substitution for some of your favorite bread, grain and pasta-based dishes, potatoes add a boost of nutritional benefits.
Important to a healthy diet, one medium-sized (5.3oz) skin-on potato has:
Just 110 calories.
No fat, sodium or cholesterol.
Nearly half your daily value of vitamin C.
More potassium than a banana.
A good source of vitamin B6.
Fiber, magnesium and antioxidants.
Our this week’s 159 #Foodiemonday bloghop theme is #GrilledRecipes.
I am not in a mood or situation to make something fancy because maintenance work is on full swing in our house. But I don’t want to skip. And humble potato comes to rescue. So here is a simple easy and delicious grilled potato recipe for you. I make it so often. Enjoy it as a snack or a side dish.
I have used two different marination for the potatoes. One is with Italian flavour and other is with tandoori masala. Made one in grill pan and one in halogen oven.
Potato – 2 large
Olive oil – 4 tablespoon
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon +1 teaspoon
Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
With tandoori masala
Potatoes – 2 large
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon +1 teaspoon
Thick yogurt – 3 tablespoon
Tandoori masala – 1 tablespoon
Oil for greasing the pan
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. You can also make it with skin.
2. Make thick slices.
3. Heat sufficient water in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon oil.
4. When the water starts to rolling boil slide the potato slices.
5. Boil for 5 – 6 minutes.
6. Drain the water.
7. Marinate with olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, oregano and chilli flakes.
Marinate for 30 minutes.
8. Now heat a grill pan and grease it with little oil.
9. Place the potato slices on it.
10. When it becomes brown flip and fry the other side too.
1. Heat water in a pan. Add 1 teaspoon salt. When it starts to rolling boil slide the potato slices.
2. Drain the water and marinate with 1/4 teaspoon salt, thick yogurt and tandoori masala.
Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Arrange the potato slices on a baking tray.
4. Grill on 200° for 6 minutes. If its not perfectly brown grill for 1 – 2 minutes more. Every oven takes different time so check after 6 minutes.
5. Flip the potato slices and grill the other side for 5 – 6 minutes again.
6. Take out your grilled potatoes on a serving plate.
Serve hot as a snack with tea or coffee or serve as a side dish.
1. Tandoori masala has enough oil so don’t need to add extra oil.
2. If you don’t have halogen oven then you can grill it in microwave or OTG.
3. You can use black pepper powder instead of chili flakes or use both if you want more spicy.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update