Beetroot shot with mint, lemon and black salt.
Chilled beetroot shot is a perfect drink to beat the heat. And we all know that beetroot is a very nutritious vegetable.
Beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals and packed with powerful antioxidants. And it contains potassium, magnesium, iron, vitamins A, B6 and C, folic acid, carbohydrates, protein, antioxidants and soluble fibre. Not only that beetroot nutrition can also make your skin glow.
I recently joined a facebook group A to Z recipe challenge. Created by Jolly and Vidya. Every alternate month we have to make a post. I have missed first theme challenge. Alphabet of this month is B. And I am sharing this chilled beetroot shot for this theme.
I have used raw beetroot to make it. Because I love the sweetness of raw beetroot. Not only that.
Beet juice is known as a blood purifier due to its antioxidant and detoxification properties. Consuming beets increase your body’s production of glutathione, which
helps your body detoxify by grabbing numerous toxins and pulling them into the colon, where they are evacuated. Beet juice might also improve the composition of blood by stimulating red blood cell production, improve stamina, dissolve kidney stones and reduce blood pressure, according to “Superfoods: The Healthiest Foods on the Planet.”
Betalains and some other nutrients are reduced in cooked beets because they are sensitive to heat, according to “Nutritional Sciences for Human Health.” As cooking time and temperature increase, betalains and vitamin C content steadily decreases.
I have used mint, ginger, lemon, black salt and pepper in it. These ingredients made this juice delicious. Add some ice cubes and enjoy the healthy and delicious beetroot shot chilled.
Beetroot – 1 medium
Grated ginger – 1/2 teaspoon
Mint leaves – 8 – 10
Lemon zest – 1/4 teaspoon
Black salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
Water – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1 & 1/2 tablespoon
Ice cube – as require
1. Blend grated or finely chopped beetroot with water, mint leaves, lemon zest and ginger in a mixer grinder or food processor.
2. Strain the juice with a strainer or sieve.
3. Add lemon juice, black salt and pepper.
4. Mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Place some ice cube in the shot glass. Pour the juice over it.
6. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve chilled.
Stay healthy stay happy 😊
1. Use black pepper powder according to your taste. If you don’t like pepper you can omit it.
2. If you don’t have black salt then you can use rock salt or any other salt but black salt tastes better.
3. If you don’t like raw beetroot then you can boil the beetroot with skin and then peel chop and blend as mentioned above.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hash tag, #batterupwithsujata
I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update