Gluten free mocha coffee cake with coffee glaze.
Eggless and butter less super soft and moist cake made with soyabean flour.
If you like coffee and chocolate flavour then this cake is perfect for you. I am sure you will love the coffee chocolate mixed flavour.
I love the soft texture of the cake made of soyabean flour. So I was planning to make a chocolate cake with this protein rich flour.
And when our this week’s bloghop members decided the theme coffee. I have mixed coffee flavour with my chocolate cake. And I am very happy with the taste. Its really super yumm.
Sending this post to the 140 #Foodiemonday bloghop #Coffee theme.
And here is a soft delicious gluten free high protein coffee and chocolate flavoured cake.
You can also enjoy it without glaze. It will be a perfect cake to accompany your tea or coffee.
I have used walnut in the cake and glaze. If you don’t like walnut you can omit it. Or you can use any other nuts of your choice. Or make it without nuts. Cake will be yummy without any nuts. I love it’s strong coffee flavour.
If you don’t have soyabean flour you can use all purpose flour or whole wheat flour or mix of both flour.
Soyabean flour – 1 cup
Oats powder – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 /2 teaspoon
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoon
Instant coffee powder – 2 tablespoon
Milk – 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
Chopped walnut – 1/2 cup
For coffee glaze
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Instant coffee powder – 2 teaspoon
Warm water – 2 tablespoon
Chopped walnut – 1/4 cup
Cherry – 1, optional
1. Preheat the oven at 175° for 10 minutes.
2. Grease a cake pan and dust with flour. Or line with parchment paper.
3. Mix 1 tablespoon vinegar in 3/4 cup milk and keep aside. Milk should be at room temperature.
4. Mix 2 tablespoon coffee powder in 1/4 cup warm milk.
5. In a bowl sieve soyabean flour, oats powder, baking powder, soda and cocoa powder.
6. In a large bowl mix powdered sugar, oil and vinegar mixed milk. Whisk well. Add coffee mixed milk and vanilla essence. Whisk again.
7. Now add dry ingredients gradually. Mix well. Don’t over beat. Make a lump free batter.
8. Fold in chopped walnut in the batter.
9. Pour the batter in greased cake tin. Tap the baking pan gently.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 175° for 30 – 35 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. To check insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake after 30 minutes.
11. Let the cake cool down.
When completely cooled invert the cake on a plate.
12. Dry roast 1/4 cup finely chopped walnut. Stir continuously. Roast till walnut starts to change colour and smell nice toasted aroma. Walnut shouldn’t be burnt. After roasting immediately transfer the roasted walnut on a plate.
13. Mix 2 teaspoon coffee powder with 2 tablespoon warm milk. Stir till coffee dissolve completely.
14. Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with it whisk well to make it smooth. You can add 1 – 2 teaspoon water if require to make it spreadable.
15. Spread it evenly over the cake.
Sprinkle roasted walnut pieces over it. Place a cherry in the middle.
Slice and serve. Or keep in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
1. If you want you can make it with all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. Or mix of both flour.
2. If you don’t like walnut you can omit it. Cake will be delicious without walnut too.
3. You can use any nuts of your choice.
4. You can also make this cake without glaze.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update.
Stay connected at