Oats whole wheat chocolate cake. A very soft moist and delicious eggless cake with chocolaty flavour. Updating a very old post with a video recipe and some new pictures.
Tried a cake with oats and very happy with the result. Its super soft and moist. Taste is awesome. Believe me texture is much better than all purpose flour or maida cake.
As I mentioned above Its an old post. Made a video recipe so updating the post with some new pictures and text. Earlier I had used cashew nuts and this time used walnut. You can use whatever you like. And also used 3/4 cup sugar instead of 1 cup to make the cake mildly sweet.
So its eggless butter less refined flour less yet absolutely delicious cake. A perfect tea time cake and perfect for kiddos too.
I will try to share same cake without refined sugar to make it completely guilt free. So stay tuned.
Here are some more oats cake from this blog. Click on the name below for recipe.
1. Oats whole wheat bournvita cake
2. Eggless litchi cake
3. Oats whole wheat mawa paneer malai cake
4. Sugar free dry fruit cupcakes with oats
And here is a collection of eggless cakes.
Ingredients used to make this delicious cake
Whole wheat flour or atta – Used whole wheat flour or atta which we normally use to make roti or chapati.
Oats – Used rolled oats and grind to make fine powder. If you have oatmeal then you can use it. No need to grind.
Powdered sugar – Confectionery sugar or powdered sugar used to sweetened the cake. If you like your cake mildly sweet use 3/4 cup and if you want your cake more sweet use 1 cup.
Oil – Used peanut oil instead of butter. You can use olive oil or any flavorless vegetable oil to make this cake.
Milk and vinegar – This cake is eggless so vinegar mixed milk used as buttermilk to make the cake soft.
Cocoa powder – Cocoa powder used for chocolate flavour.
Baking powder and soda – Baking powder and soda used as leavening agent. Baking powder and soda will help the cake to rise and make the cake fluffy and light.
Vanilla essence – Vanilla essence will give a lovely aroma with chocolate.
Walnut – Earlier I had sprinkle cashew nuts in the greased baking pan to make upside down cake. This time used chopped walnut in the batter. You can use any nuts according to your choice.
To make oats powder simply grind the oats in your mixer grinder. You can use olive oil or any flavorless oil to make this cake. If you like your cake mildly sweet like me use 3/4 cup powdered sugar
And if want your cake more sweet use 1 cup sugar. Use sugar according to your taste
Use cashew nuts or walnut whatever you like. Or you can use both if you want.
Subscribe with your mail address to get all the recipes straight to your mailbox immediately after publishing.
Recipe video of this delicious eggless cake
Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 cup
Ground oats – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/2 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Chopped walnut – 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the microwave convection or hot blast mode at 160°. For OTG preheat at 180° for 10 minutes.
2. Mix vinegar in milk and keep aside.
3. Grease a cake pan and dust with flour. You can use loaf pan or any cake pan. If you are using nonstick pan grease lightly with oil only.
4. Sprinkle cashew nuts pieces or tutti fruity or whatever your kids like. This step is optional. This time I skipped it and added chopped walnut in the batter.
5. In a bowl mix whole wheat flour, oats powder, baking powder, soda and cocoa powder. You can sieve these dry ingredients if you want. Add chopped walnut in the dry ingredients and mix.
6. In a large bowl add oil and sugar whisk well. Add vanilla and milk mixed vinegar and whisk again.
7. Add half of the dry ingredients. Mix well. Now add remaining dry ingredients and mix well so that it really blend together. Make a lump free smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the baking pan. And tap the pan on your kitchen counter to remove the air bubbles.
9. Place in oven and bake for 28-30 minutes in microwave hot blast or convection mode and 35-40 in OTG. Or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check.
10. Every oven takes different time so keep an eye after 28 minutes.
11. Invert the cake on a plate or cooling rack. Let it cool down before slicing.
1. You can use any nuts of your choice. Or you can also make it without any nuts.
2. Add powdered sugar 3/4 to 1 cup according to your taste. If you like your cake mildly sweet use 3/4 cup.
3. You can also use any gluten free flour instead of whole wheat flour or atta.
4. Olive oil or any flavorless vegetable oil can be used to make this cake.
If you tried my recipe, you can share your food pictures with me in the social network sites by using hashtag, #batterupwithsujata. I would love to see your creations.
I would love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and suggestions in comment.
Please visit my facebook page and hit the like button to get the latest update